Recycle Ash is a by-product of coal-fired boilers. This ash is caustic and is used in a slurry form in conjunction with lime slurry in dry or semi-dry FGD for SO2 and HCl removal. Use of Recycle Ash Slurry reduces the lime consumption for dry FGD, thus reducing operating cost.
These systems normally include:
- Recycle Ash Storage Silo (factory assembled) – Sizes range from 12’-0" to 15’-0" in diameter with a storage height to accommodate the required storage capacity. Typically these silos are filled via a filter receiver by pneumatic transfer system or by mechanical means such as a conveyor.
- Recycle Ash Storage Silo (field welded) - Sizes range from 16'-0" to 36'-0" in diameter. Partially assembled parts, rolled plate and steel structure are shipped to the construction site on standard flat bed trailers.
- Dry Product Level Monitoring System either point level or continuous level or both.
- Dry Ash Fluidizing System includes low-pressure (7 to 15 PSI) positive displacement blowers or air compressors, air heaters and fluidizing air injectors.
- Rotary Airlock Feeder with variable frequency drive
- Dry Ash, Pre-Wetting Feed Chamber
- Recycle Ash Slurry Mix Tank with agitator and overflow discharge.
- Recycle Ash Slurry Grit Separation Vibratory Screen
- Recycle Ash Storage Tank with agitator and level monitoring device
- Recycle Ash Slurry Feed Pumps, Valves and Piping
- Recycle Ash Slurry Density Control System
- Local Control Panel with PLC and HMI soft controls
Chemco can provide skilled field engineers and technicians for startup service and operator training.
Standard warranty period runs 12 months after system startup, not to exceed 18 months from shipment. Extended warranty can be negotiated before the award of a contract. Standard warranty is limited to the supply of parts only. Contact a Chemco representative for additional information.
As an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), all spare parts can be purchased directly from Chemco for any piece of equipment provided within the systems.